With 300 days of sunshine, 400 miles of coastline and a community that is always bubbling with excitement, there’s always something to do in Lake Havasu City. This weekend includes Buses by the Bridge, a pancake breakfast, speed racing, musicals and more.
Buses by the Bridge XXIII
Location: Lake Havasu State Park, Windsor 4, 171 London Bridge Rd., Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
When: Friday, January 18 – Sunday, January 20, 2019
Entrance Fees: $2 per person for walk-in spectators, good all weekend; Camping Thursday-Sunday: $40; Camping Friday-Sunday: $30; Camping Saturday & Sunday: $20
Don’t miss the 23rd Annual Buses by the Bridge this weekend. This Volkswagen extravaganza features classic VW buses from all over the country, with a giant campout at Lake Havasu State Park. This kid-friendly event features hot air balloon rides, cornhole tournament, chili cook-off, bounce houses, pancake breakfast and more. Here’s a lineup for the weekend and to learn more, you can visit their event page.
Friday, January 18
- Registration & Raffle Ticket Sales Open – 10 am
- T-Shirt Sales Open 10 am
- Lantern Workshop – Noon at West Coast Bays Camp
- West Coast Bays Lantern Walk 7 pm (Starts at Showmobile)
Saturday, January 19
- Bike Ride to Skate Park – Departs 9:30 am from Showmobile
- Registration & Raffle Ticket Sales Open 9 am
- Extra Event Pins For Sale noon at Registration
- Kids Activities – Coloring Contest 11 am at Showmobile
- Kids Raffle noon at Showmobile
- Corn Hole Tournament – Sign Ups – 9 am at Showmobile-16 Teams Max Tournament 1 pm at Showmobile
- Raffle at Showmobile 3 pm
Sunday, January 20
- Boy Scout Pancake Breakfast 7 am
- Raffle & T-Shirt Sales Open 8 am
- Individual Camp Site Clean Up 10 am – 11 am
- Raffle & Awards 10 am at Showmobile
Adventures of Tom Sawyer Musical
Location: Grace Arts Live
When: Friday, January 18 – Sunday, January 20
Mark Twain’s classic story comes to high-spirited musical life in this Broadway adaptation of America’s favorite book. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer tells the tale of a boy growing up on the banks of the Mississippi River in 1840’s Missouri and the never-ending mischief that follows him and his friends. Join his best friend, Huckleberry Finn, stern Aunt Polly, feisty Becky Thatcher and others as you experience thrilling escapes, comical exploits and inspiration for the whole family. Tickets: Adults: $20+fee; Children 17 & younger: $10+fee. Learn more by visiting the show page.
HAVASU 95 SPEEDWAY
LOCATION: SARA PARK, 7260 S. SARA PARKWAY, LAKE HAVASU CITY
WHEN: Friday, JANUARY 19, 2019, 6-10:30 P.M.
Start your engines and check out Havasu 95 Speedway – an ASA-sanctioned paved oval track that runs stock car races in Lake Havasu City. Races feature late models, modifieds, trucks, street stocks, legends, Bandoleros, and factory stocks. It is one of three paved ovals in the state of Arizona and the only one in western Arizona. Be sure and visit Havasu 95 Speedway’s website as their schedule is tentative and subject to change.
Wishing everyone a safe and fun weekend in Lake Havasu! – Brenda Fischer
Looking for a home in Lake Havasu? Start your search or call 928-486-3731 to get started on finding your Havasu home.